Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Ice to Eskimos and Heaters in Hell"

This is what i have been doing all this week....Yes i have been back managing a Clearance Shop for a Boutique in Launceston ...Jackie needed someone ( I was dobbed in by my Friend Lyn) to manage this space in the Meadow Mews ..shop 3 to be exact....
We opened up on Monday morning with no carpets on the concrete floors which was very hard on the old feet...then we realized we had no light at all either...the Mews had had a change in centre management and no one seemed to know what anyone was doing or had done...we were wanting to get up and selling and here we were waiting for them to find the carpet...red carpet no less...only to be told that some one had helped themselves to it out of the storage lock up...so we pressed on with just a couple of mats as we were assured that they would have some to replace the "lost" carpet by the end of the day and it would be laid for us that night.... NOT SO...and we still don't have it!!!!.... Then there was the problem of no lighting or power to run the cash register..... the"sparkies" (electricians) asked if they could start at 8am on tuesday morning ...so of course i had to be there to let them in...didnt arrive on time did they...8.30 am rolled around and so did they... they finally got a wriggle on when i told them i had to open the doors and let people in at 10.30 am so they had better get all the cable off the floor or else they would be liable if a customer fell over it....they actually finished at 4.30pm that afternoon......
Here it is now thursday evening and still no carpet but at least i have lights and power but we are so used to manually opening the register we havent even plugged it in.....
Needless to say i am loving being back in retail and especially in the Rag Trade...hence the heading ...it has been said by numerous people i could sell Ice to eskimos and heater in hell but not because i want the sale....i never sell a person a garment that does not suit them.....Mind you i think that full time is too much for my poor old body...... the mind is willing just the body that can't hack it....i think i am cured and to think i still have a week to go!!!!!!


my raw concrete floor.... (dont you love the shoes ...an $8 buy brand new from Red Cross Shop in Devonport earlier this month)


THIS IS THE SHOP...... All designer clothes like Soulas, Bebe, Citi, Howard Showers, etc etc.... AND....wait for it..........
EVERY GARMENT IS HALF THE TICKETED PRICE..how is that for a bargain?????

A gorgeous pure NZ Merino wool (This seasons)cardi....


Evening wear .... saucy colours and styles...


Satin jackets ..... a racks of tops and skirts...Note we are just opposite Coles...great for the lookers.... most of them are what i call "scratchers"...they just scratch through the racks and mess everything up and then walk out...AAARRRHHH...i hope none of you are "Scratchers"????


even strappy sandles....


OOOOWWWW.... i just love this rack of red black and white....


Her i am behind my little counter....


An this is my trusty Sam who is the Masters Apprentice.... what would i do with out her...thank you Sam for coming to my rescue when the concrete dust got to my sinus's and i needed to have some help.... (and she never asked a customer once ..."would you like fries with that?")







10 comments:

  1. you just can't stay away can you nettie?? i think i'm a scratcher...ooops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to confess that I was a scratcher too.. but because Collette just did that would make 2 from 2, so I will just not make a comment about scratching.....

    Shop looks great!! Hope the carpet gets down soon so your poor feet to kill from standing on concrete ALL day : (
    love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may well be a scratcher too-but that's mainly because I can never find anything in my size/that I can afford. Love that cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love scratching and then putting things back in different places!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been a scratcher, cos I don't like shopping. Takes up too much sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try not to actually touch the clothes unless I'm going to try them on! Except in Valley Girl-their clothes are so squashed together you HAVE to be a scratcher to see them! Have you bought anything yet?? How long do you get to work there?
    Sounds like a fun gig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam is a hottie in that dress! You guys look like hip boutiquers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool... hey I need your email address....so I can invite you to my blog....I am using the privacy options ...thqnk you.. and I'll bring those scissors with me when I visit....haven't forgotten...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i canNOT belive I taught Sam in Primary!!!!???
    and i cant beleive i'm saying that :) hee
    she is so groovy huh
    you too Nettie :)
    xo
    bron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaaaaaayyyyyy.
    Another shop to scratch around in. oooooopppps
    I didn't mean to make that confession.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...