Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Organized Collection

While i was on the organizing kick i decided to clean out my bookcase and i took a few huge bags of novels to the recycle book shop and now we have credit there of over $70 dollars even after Kelvin chose about 5 novels.....

As you can see i collect Enid Blytons children's books....i am only missing about 7 and i have both 1st edition and some reprints ... My eldest grand daughter loves to read them and has just about been through the collection twice over now....
This weekend while the family was up for the weekend Darby asked me " Nanna when you..you know ...you know".... so i guessed she was saying... when i die....so i said that ...and she said"yes when you die can i have the Enid Blytons collection please..but i don't want you to die yet".... we had a hug and of course i told her they already had her name on them.....
Oh the honest innocence of children.....

you have got to love those old fashioned stories of true manners and old fashioned values...ahhhh

7 comments:

  1. Looks GREAT. Thats so cute that Darby said that ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh brings back memories. I loved reading Enid Blyton's books as a young girl. Darby is very fortunate that you have so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny in two ways- firstly you can't buy Enid Blyton in the states. THEY DON"T KNOW HER!!! I know this because I've looked. We have a few tapes...famous 5, magic faraway tree etc and Kit and Ella love them. I wanted to get them some books. NO LUCK. So friends of ours bought some for them when they went to the UK. I'd still love some of those old ones, and love some famous 5. I'll have to scour the 2nd hand bookshops when I go to Aus. I think I gave Darbs her first Enid Blyton years ago, as my older two weren't intereseted. Funny also because when I was little my cousin and I used to go through all Nan's jewellery and glass wear, anything nice really, and divvy it up between us. She would watch us (I"m sure secretly amused) and encourage our terrible behaviour. Now that we are old, I can't imagine going through things and taking them when she dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, books, the joys they bring! I was one for Amelia Jane and Mr Meddles Muddles. I can see the pictures in my head as clear as day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE Enid Blyton. Which ones are you missing and I'll see if I have them? I loved, loved, loved 'The Naughtiest Girl in the School' series and of course, 'The Magic Faraway Tree'. Such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have got enid blyton books from amazon.com and have linked to some bookshops all over the states.. of course they pick them up from all over the world. I did have my mom's 1st edition of upper fourth at Malory Towers..but gave them all away to a friend when I left England.
    I went thruogh a lot of enid blyton series....the mysteries..the mystery of the spiteful letters was the first one,I was 8 yrs old...I read several famous five stories but preferred the Island ones. and I dont know how many times I have read the school series...I read them even now. I did find my very favourite "the book of the brownies" on Ebay. the lady lived here so we we met at the Deseret bookshop in Highlands ranch
    when Nintendo came out ,I thought that finding the bottles of "goodness" through those adventures would have made a great game! I still might have to contact a company to give them the idea...My sister liked Mr Pinkwhistle
    and I wanted to be the naughtiest girl....and join Mr galliano's circus...ahh.. fantasy memories....blyton was banned out here ..because "they" thought her stories a bit lesbian-ish... I never thought that at all and still don't....

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...