Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Perfect Sponge

Just recently a friend had a birthday and i made three sponges for the sweets as it was a nibbles and drinks affair....very casual and totally enjoyable...

this is what the cakes look like i made....
Yours never turn out like this????
well i am here to tell you that your sponges can be just like these....



Fluffy sponges
(can you believe with no flour or butter????)

Caramel and cream filling

strawberry centre pieces

handmade chocolate leaves
(so dead easy to make..i promise..you just need a paint brush!!!! the kids can do it)














The recipe is so easy and no one can fail this sponge... unless you have a terrible stove....or only have a campfire to cook on....
Here we go....
this is all you are going to need.....
HA HA!!!!! IT IS SECRET RECIPE.......SO IF YOU WANT IT YOU WILL HAVE TO BEG....
NO...just joking....
but i would like to know if you want to try it ?????
so when i get some interest i will give you my secret recipe.....
all you have to do it this.....
just send me a message on the blog and i will post it for you there....but i have to know if you are interested!!!!
this will be my Christmas pressie to you all..

14 comments:

  1. I am ready for the secret of the sponge!! Please!

    Carli xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for the challenge! :P Please share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please??? Is it possible a perfect sponge??
    Merry Christmas.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH YES! i hate making sponges as they always turn out so dry, i just cant find a good recipe. please tell me how you made your amazing chocolate leaves too they look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't actually have time to make the sponge for me, I guess I could have a crack at trying to make it myself!!! Yes please, I'd love the recipe!! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your Chelsea - I met her for the first time a couple of weeks ago - I adore her. Merry Christmas to you too Nettie. xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. First you tease me with the look of these yummo sponges... and then you tease me by not revealing the recipe!!!!! What is this! i wants some NOW!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. MEMEME!!! They look amazing...please share :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mum...I will require a new secret recipe to replace the sponge which will now have to go in the not so secret section......!!!!!Whatever you do keep Nan's Lemon Meringue Pie recipe quiet..hee hee that takes years to get right if you don't know the secret, doesn't it "duck".xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please, pretty please. I love a good sponge but have never tried to make one b/c I put them in the too hard basket.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful! I would love to learn how to make these! Thanks for always leaving kind comments over at my place. Wish we had some of that warm beach weather over here right now!

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...