so i took the camera with me today...this is what we saw....
I took this picture for Kelvin because we actually found his Grandfathers grave on a previous Cemetery hunt...this grave has his grandfather, grand mother and his great aunt in it...whooohooo... more Genealogy we didn't have....you can't see the two names at the top so we have some cleaning to do on our next date...yep! have you ever thought of going on a date to the cemetery?????
Me and Himself do!!!!!! and it is amazing who you "find" there.....mmmmm macabre i know!!!!
We dont take a picnic lunch like.... but a nice walk in the fresh air and sunshine is all good...
Hi Annette, you reminded me of when we were going to move to Tassie, Madison put my name in the internet and up popped a Gravestone at Latrobe TAS.... correct name and spelling - 84 she was.... so when we had relocated we went for one of our weekend drives to Latrobe and walked the cemetry until we found it.... had my photo taken beside it and one of Michael's nieces names was just near it..... kinda spooky! Anyhow when you get a chance have a look at my blog - Madison's social was last night! Take care, Cathy
ReplyDeleteCemetery dates are pretty much my parent's favorite thing to do! :) I love the quote about enjoying today. It's perfect and so true!
ReplyDeleteHow nice that dogs are allowed in. I know that if I was there, I would absolutely love to have dogs and cats visit.
ReplyDeleteyou know the victorians used to go for picnics in graveyards all the time. They saw them as nice open spaces. I love graveyards and don't find them macabre at all- I'm happy to spend ages in them.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love that Beattie gets to go to the nursing home- I bet some of the other oldies are jealous.
I want to join you for a morning walk nettie...
ReplyDeleteLovely photography. I think it is wonderful that you are allowed to take your doggy into the nursing home... truly lovely. I also love the quote... I need to remind myself of that everyday... thanks for sharing X
ReplyDelete