This is the best cake ...so moist and the taste is out of this world...I was watching Maeve O'Meara's....
Food Safari on SBS and they did this recipe.. i think it was from Lebanon but don't quote me....

you start by boiling two oranges for two hours... drain them and allow them to cool...

place in a bowl and buzz with the bamix then beat the 6 eggs in with the 250grams sugar and add that to the orange mixture then add the almond meal and bicarb ....

grease and dust the spring form 20cm pan with caster sugar and pour in the mixture and dust with cater sugar....

place in the oven on 190oC for 1 to 1/2 hours until the top is golden brown

dust with icing sugar and then enjoy..... it is so scrumptious.....
And for those who need gluten free and dairy free ......this is your cake.....

the texture is dense and so moist and the burst of orange is such a surprise to the taste buds.... a must to try i can assure you...

And here is your recipe..... i know you are running out to get the ingredients now....
oh that looks yummy. I think I might need to try that one.
ReplyDeleteYum yum, I love anything with orange in it!!
ReplyDeleteHad a taste at the office, it is ssoooo good! We are having an early Christmas on Saturday, I might have to make it for that :)
ReplyDeleteohhhh yum, i'll definitely be trying this recipe today! perfect for Anthony!
ReplyDeletethanks x
loved the origami flowers too!
Yum, I love cakes made with almond meal! Thanks for sharing your recipe. xxx
ReplyDeleteYou never steer us wrong with your recipes. I'm definitely trying this one. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteOoh, I am going to make this in the Christmas hols! Wendy xx
ReplyDelete