if you are lazy at keeping a journal ...even if you have never tried to do it....this is a great way to start....
Why do this you ask...well this is my reason...my mother died at the age of 55...i was very busy raising two little girls and working 30 hours a week ...i never got time to ask her things that i now find i really wanted to know about her life and medically wise are important but are lost forever now....not only those important things but just things like ...her favorite colour and why it was???? things about her childhood, her schooldays...... those of you who have your mothers still are blessed ... enjoy that blessing...so just in case my grandchildren want to know more about me and my life...it will be there for them to access one day when they are grown and mothers maybe even grand mothers themselves...for i now find this is the time of my life when i have the time to reflect and really want to know those things about my mum and grandmother....and their lives and the way they lived.
MY life in a Jar.....mmmm the mind boggles and I don't know as to whether it would all fit in here ?????
But remember everyday or couple of days or week ...take one out... use a nice notebook, journal or your computer and journal the answers to the questions asked...remembering to be descriptive, factual and always with dates and times.... as best you can....
Family History in the making...well your life's history anyway..... great holiday idea for those girls(or boys even) who have nothing to do... never too young to start you know!!!! (or too old!!!)
is there a link to the questions that we can look at?
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! Love it! So clever! I also want to know, where do I find the questions? Wendy xx
ReplyDeleteI love this idea Annette! I think I have one of these jars in the top of my wardrobe. I think it came from a R.Soc activity years ago. Maybe its time I started to use it! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea! I am so bad at journals and as I only have one grnadparent still alive and didn't know the others, I would have loved to have known more about them.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I think I may have to invest in something like this as I never get to write things personal in my journal much these days! Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete