Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Whimsical Angels Wings"......

Just finished my latest quilt...
yes i did design it myself...
I call it.... "Whimsical Angels Wings"...
no i don't plan to patent it ....
but i can give you the pattern if you like... well tell you how to cut it out more like...because you can make it smaller or larger by the size of the square you cut!!!!

It is for a special little baby girl who will live in and inner city reno...hence the vintage and retro materials together... she is not here yet... but with Christmas and the house starting the month she is due ...i wanted to finish it early...
here it is pieced together ....

the quilting all done by the wonderful Leanne at http://www.esmesquilts.blogspot.com/ who owns Esmes in Kings meadows...
the quilt design is called angel wings....

the binding...tediously sewn together (this was the most fiddly bit)
I am happy with the way it has turned out.....Hope her mum likes it????


hanging on the line was the easiest way to show you the design and the finished quilt..... "Whimsical Angels Wings"
Now i will pack it away until a certain little girl arrives...





6 comments:

  1. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Someday I am going to take up quilting. There's just something so serene about it. And I always love the finished project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of materials! The edge is especially cool. Impressive! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is incredible! I love it! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely present. Someone is going to be lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome!.... any little (or big) girl would love that. great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got material for you... I just have to email you now... I'm excited to see it put together... and I'll tell you where I found it after you receive it....lol...
    you will be surprised...

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...