Thursday, February 10, 2011

Even the Kitchen Sink????????


i love a shiny, clean sink.... I know, I know...i must be easy to please!!!!!!!
Can Your Believe.......this week it has been 12 months since we moved into our gorgeous little "shoebox" rental and with things moving on the block...(they had the frame all laid out yesterday and i have been restraining myself not to rush out and check it out...ggggrrrr!!!)leaving here is coming up sooner rather than later.....
So i guess i have been thinking about the fact that i should be sorting and considering that we will have to all to soon start packing up ready for the move to our new home....marvellous what you can collect in 12 months..... SOOOOOOOOOO......
Today we sorted the shed and moved Dad's tools ...he had a collection that spanned over 40 years so you can guess there was a lot to sort and package into take away containers and to take to the Manor (Dad donated them to the Men's Shed when he moved into the nursing home but it hadn't been set up yet so we had to pack them up and move them to our shed from his shed first....The Manor is setting up the Men's Shed soon there) so now they are organised to begin.
Dad is excited to be able to get to do some manual work ...be it ever so small...like putting already cut out projects together....
After that we filled the ute to overflowing( Kelv had to jump it down to fit it all in) we took a load of garden trimmings and tree lopping to the tip....
soooooooooooooo...when i came inside i decided to clean my sink till it sparkled....
NOOOOO of course i didn't work up a sweat or spend hours doing it...
want to know why and How??????? it is called GUMPTION.....
Here is my sparkling sink.................
Drum roll for the hero ..... the "maid" i use who saves me hours of elbow grease and is as gentle on big jobs as using a silk cloth to clean.....
Yeah.. right... i can hear you saying!!!!!!!!!! I bet it cost a fortune and is hard to get????
NO it is not ... your local Wollies or Coles Supermarket will put it in your shopping trolley for around $4.30 ....
VVVVWWWWWAAAAALLLLLAAAHHHH.... Gumption the best cleaner in the whole of my 42 years of marriage...my girls can testify to its powers too......try it on permanent texture on counter tops, scuff marks on walls and skirting's, scum on shower glass doors, spills on glass cook tops....the list goes on...plus the kitchen sink.....and all with no scratching.....
Happy Cleaning...... tell me how you go!!!!!!!


11 comments:

  1. Gumption is my friend too - especially on bathroom sinks! Thank goodness it exists!

    Love your shiny sink, by the way. Are you having a dishwasher in your new house? (And I don't mean Uncle Kelvin! He he.) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to buy some! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No becky.. i have been looking for it since I moved here, as it was my BBF when we were cleaning our house before we left...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed Gumption in Coles the other day, and remembered it from years ago. I'll definitely be buying some next shop day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny you mention about Gumption. I had to use it yesterday on our lovely wall that meggie had kindly drawn her masterpiece on. I LOVE that stuff... it even got permanent market off our wall!!

    i've never thought to use it on the sink though- thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nettie, you should do an add for that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Gumption, and it lasts forever, and doesn't dry up and clog the holes like Jif does.You can use it on everything, and it doesn't spill over either.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love gumption and i love you too :)sooo exciting about your house.cant wait to see it finished xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...