Saturday, February 19, 2011

SURGICAL PROCEDURE...


WARNING.......WARNING........WARNING....

IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH OR FAINT AT THE SIGHT OF BLOOD or injections...DO NOT VIEW THIS POST....


Tuesday i took my dad..my brave 84 year old dad ...to have what he thought was a small surgical procedure to remove a lesion which cancerous(we knew it was canceous because he had already had the first part of it removed and the doctor didn't get it all) lesion removed from his left hand in the surgery....
i took him in and just happened to have my trusty little pocket camera to record the "massacre"....
the surgical tape X mark that you see was also to be removed at this visit as it was not healing after two months of tretment...



This is the anesthetic injection being administered...





this is the excision ready to be lifted out....


now the sutureing...there were 6 stitches in this excisement... and 5 more in the next one.....yes i know there seems like a lot of blood...but dad is on Waurfran which is a drug that thins your blood (he needs it for blood clots) so his blood ran rather freely.





the doctor and his handy work...i did ask him if his wife made him sew on his own buttons???? yes of course he laughed!!!!


the three pathology vials (the two larger ones have the pieces of his hand that were cut out in therm and the long vial has a swab from the X marks the spot lesion which was on open lesion)and the paperwork....hopefully thy have it all now ... but if not Dad will have to go for radiation three times a week to kill off the cancer.... we hope not.
Soory if this grossd you out.... but i did warn you!!!!!






5 comments:

  1. That is cool...but kinda gross :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Nettie, so cool to see this procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that Registered Nurses are not allowed to stitch up wounds? I know!!! Totally outrageous, right? I find this fact extremely irksome considering most women have a talent for stitching that far surpasses the abilities of the majority of men; regardless of how many letters follow their names. Great pics. I loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww! I never was the surgery type! Hope your dad is feeling okay after that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette, I did view this yesterday but was too squeamish after to comment! You can never say your blogs are boring!! Thanks for the comment on my blog.... I know I will see you .... one day! I love the house pics so keep them coming.... it is so exciting. Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...