Tuesday, March 8, 2011

WE HAVE A ROOF....

Yesterday on my way home from Hobart i called at the block to see what progress had been made.... this is what i found!!!!
Let me first tell you that the Truss company sent the wrong trusses and the builder already had three quarters of the trusses on the frame before he had a really good look and then realized they were for Colorbond Roofing Iron and not the tiles....so they wouldnt support the weight of tiles....so it all had to be pulled down and the new trusses made...the builder lost 2-3 days.....
Yes we have a tiled roof...why tiles you ask???? Well the cost of steel has risen in the last 12 months..... so much so that by tiling our roof (even with the extra bracing needed for tiles) we saved over $2000 dollars..... that is something to look into if you are going to build....{but i suggest to you that building does test you ...be prepared}



That the plumber in my bathroom you can se there too {not happy Jan!!!!!! and "Himself has been coping the brunt of it....that was his department...he was the designer of the plans}....The plumber is there to to adjust all the pipework in the walls ready for the bath and basin before the plaster goes up next week.... I don't think the builder is happy either as he has to move a wall!!!!!!...

DON'T EVEN ASK!!!!!!!

And VVVVAAALLLAAAAHHH!!!!!... here is the roof...yes i know, i know ...it is just a tiled roof...but do you know how long we have been waiting to actually see this happen....??????? now it is all moving very fast....and we hope to be in here by Easter!!!!!
While i was there ..the windows arrived......


one fell off the truck and smashed in the breeze....see it there leaning against the truck????? now they have to make another one so that was another disaster ......but at least it is all fixable!!!
I will show you the other thing that has happened in the next post ...
NOW I am off today to check out the 2ND choice...{not happy again Jan!!!!!}






10 comments:

  1. Hey Jan - I hope that even though you didn't get exactly what you were hoping that you will love it all anyway, and that all the stress will be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hear ya, fellow house builders know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! We had a window break with our first units back in 2007 but the builder dropped it so he paid for a new one......sweet!!! Can you still heaar the sound of rain on a tiled roof?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIP HIP HOORAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Annette, hasn't it grown since the last photo's?? Seems like you should stay away and let them sort it out! I know I wouldn't be good watching them make mistakes!! Good Luck Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo hoooo! Comin' along - and whats a build without a truck load of headaches? -You get mistakes as a designer just doing a room or two so a whole house brings even more. All the best you will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. in by easter! How exciting!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it all- decorating and gardening. I love the look of tile- it looks more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! looks amazing! what are the tiles made from? In England a roof tile would be clay, but here in the US, they seem to be thin shingle stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great Annette! Glad to hear you are still smiling even with all the stress of building!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... what a stress! seems like its one thing after another!
    thats building for you!
    its looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too exciting! You're going to have to set up camp there to keep an eye on them. Ha!xx

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...