Monday, July 4, 2011

Apple Peeler ...rediscovered...Yeah!!!!!


EEEEWWWWW... i love this gadget.... its an Apple Peeler and Corer and i was given it two years ago and it has been packed away in storage for over 14 months ....until now....
i was given a whole bag of cooking apples and was not really looking forward to peeling them all by hand....BUT...
Yeah! hooray  for this times saver of a Gadget... Wizzo...Peelo...done in no time at all...
Check it out!!!!
my apple peeled, cored and sliced.......
you have all probably got one already and here i am raving on about it to the converted!!!!!!!


plug the apple in and just turn the handle... it does everything for you in just a slit second....

the peel comes off in one huge long piece....

see all the peelings...(worm food for my new garden...don't even think the worms know i am here yet!!)

in the pot....ready to cook....

Cooking.........
now pour the cooked stewed apple into resealeable jars while still hot (like Dolmio)  screw the top on and they seal (you will hear the lid pop as the stewed fruit cools)and you can store them indefinitely...i still have stewed apricots from 2 years ago and they are still yummy (and they hold there colour as well)...  
try it why don't you...easier than the old Vacola methods(which i still use by the way)...

3 comments:

  1. I love those machines :D Had them in primary school and still love them! :D I really should learn to preserve my own fruit...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how much my grandchildren would love this gadget.
    I must look out for one.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it work for pears too? I seem to be peeling endless amounts of pears at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...