I look out my dining room window to see the smallest promise of spring....just bursting forth despite the frost that glistens on their petals..I planted these bulbs when there was no house on the block and just after the retaining wall, that you see in that last pic, had been built.... they have been hiding in the ground just waiting for the right moment to jump out...
this last few weeks has seen me trying not to go into hibernation mode as my store of Vitamin D has run low (been waiting for my new supply to come from USA)...Did you know that it is a documented researched Fact that the majority of Tasmanians{especially those over 50} are deficient
in this very important vitamin??????
The weather really has been COLD......
Frosts every morning, so white they looked like snow, we see the snow on the Western Tiers from our kitchen window as well and some days the fog rolls in for most of the day...
But i wouldn't live anywhere else when you see the beauty of all the four different seasons.......
And i live in a beautiful new and very energy efficient and warm, toasty warm home...aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!
cant believe you have some blooming already! brrrr
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo excited about spring! I saw some blossoms on the trees yesterday and yelled in excitement! :)
ReplyDeleteSo weird to hear you talk about spring. :) We are in 100 F everyday still. I wish we could just skip the winter that I know is coming...
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog and thought I was reading wrong. Winter? We're heading to a very warm Summer here in my country (Portugal) and it's funny to think that you're lloking for Spring while I already dream of Autumn.
ReplyDeleteWonderful World ours, isn't it?
Sweet blog. Congratulations! Love your outdoor chairs and table.