Yesterday was a wonderful day....(but it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale i hear you say!!!!) One of those very special visionary days for me though... Spring Days ...raining one minute with bursts of sunshine, rainbows painting the sky then bulging black clouds being heaved and pushed across the greyish blue sky by blustery cold winds to drop their icy sheets of rain and scatter us... running ...healter skelter in doors with umbrellas and coats flapping angrily over our heads.....
(AWWWW was that the stuff that could be in a book or what???shall i go on?????)
We headed off to our Church conference in Devonport at 7.30am ..with "Himself" driving and me contentedly looking out the car window at the country side slowly rolling out before me....
My eyes were already being delivered some of Springs promises as i saw baby lambs and calves frolicking with their mothers and siblings, blossoms bursting into riotous flower all over huge boughs laden down with their beautiful blooms, magnificent magnolia bushes with tresses of pink and magenta, and look at the pics below...
The blooms that make me the happiest at this time of year...because they are so bright and perfect with the promise of summer..the humble beauty called the daffodil..the pic does not give this panorama justice...bobbing heads in a sea of gold in all the paddocks ..not just clumps but carpets of them covering the paddocks in a mantle of gold...
This month is Daffodil month so how fitting that the daffodil is the chosen flower for the promotion of the fight against Cancer... so many of us (if not all) know someone in our lives whose life has been touched in some way by this dreaded disease with still no cure... Perhaps this will be the year they find the cure????? your donation can help to find that cure.....no matter how small!!!!
Oh how i love SPRING...
Wasn't it beautiful!! I drove past there and said to aaron I wanted to stop there and go back for a photo shoot!
ReplyDeleteFields... aren't they just cookies!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh that's Mrs Fields!!!!
Love the heading and pics!!
Made me smile all that gushing! :))
ReplyDeleteSO beautiful! I love spring :)
ReplyDeleteLOL
ReplyDeleteAnd here I am dreaming of Leaves falling from the trees, winds blowing and promisses of rain ;)
Oh how i love AUTUMN! And it will be funny to watch, and love, my Autumn by witnessing your Spring :D.
And I must be honest and I admit that those - Spring and Autumn - are for me the Best Seasons of all.
I Love your description of "himself driving Miss Nettie" it is so good to dream through the window while they do, isn't it?!
Precious little moments... Have a Nice Week.