Saturday, March 30, 2013

The last of the Tomato Harvest.....

The last of the tomato harvest...not mine ...a very generous lady called Kay invited me to pick from her amazing green house (Kelvin was so envious of the structure so he is all revved up to get his own green house up before next summer now..thank you Kay)

 so this is what i did with those delectably sweet balls of ruby red....

Little trusses i have saved to roast and just pop in my mouth and enjoy...


                          this little box was so productive
 just sliced in halves and into the food dryer... the fragrance of these sweet little ruby globes drying was amazing...

 rich thick tomato and basil paste for those pasta nights when it is cold and frosty and dark...(I am not looking forward to those night ..if it were not for the food)
 Some of the dried halves popped into jars of my own rich and fragrant herb infused olive oil...mmmmm ...yum... semi dried tomatoes in a couple of months.
 and some just dried ...to pop in the mouth or into casseroles later ...
and the very last couple of tomato sauces ...for a very special little man in my life ...Arliss loves Nanna's tomato sauce...

So what did you do with the abundance of tomatoes this season????

I certainly made good use of them...

Thank You Kay....

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love your tomato sauce too. That bottle you gave us was delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man! How I long to be able to create and maintain a veggie garden and greenhouse. We started one many years ago but it was the year of the drought and we had to just let it go as it was costing so much in water. Love what you have done with your tomatoes. *Sigh. One day I will conquer this!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And no Tomato Jam, which I absolute adore :(. Better and Healthier Choices all around, Dear Friend.
    I'm just wondering - how to you sun dry your tomatoes? You just put them under the sun? Don't they go through a looking rotten phase? I ask this because I love it but I'm afraid to try not being the case not doing it right.

    Airliss is safe next Winter ahahahah. And Himself will have his hands full. But what we learn about food scandals makes one want to harvest and grow everything we could.

    Thank you for sharing,

    Teresa


    P.S. No Spring - at all - here. We have like one day of it per week; the other are rotten weather :(. Never wished a Spring so much in my life ahahahahahah. Hope all is well with all of you, Beautiful Souls

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...