Thursday, May 14, 2009

What's on your windowledge????


This is my kitchen windowledge...you know where you put everything because there is no where else to put it!!!! when i did my kitchen up at the beginning of the year i decided it would not be a place for clutter...i wanted it to be a place where i could appreciate articles of interest...blah blah blah..... so what is on there now.?????
.Self explanitory really .... that is the base of the celery stick that i put into the soup ...i decided i liked the shape and the pattern of it so i left it there for the day to appreciate the structure of the celery stalk...i know i am weird!!!
Those are the pumpkin seeds i am keeping for the next years planting...
A runaway paper clip and a tag from a bread bag and my ball of string with the scissors in the spindal...so so handy..i bought them in a cute little shop in Hobart one day when Cheslea and i went shopping ..its one of her favorite shops..cant remember its name....
So MY CHALLENGE IS .....WHAT IS ON YOUR WINDOWLEDGE..TAKE PICS AND SHOW ME...dont go setting it up all pretty like...take the pic as it is now... dare you!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'll take up that challenge. Tomorrow though when the kitchen isn't so dark.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dust and dead blowflys.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kitchen ledge has one amber glass bottle with bluebells in it and then there is a little dish that holds all the tiny parts that my son has broken off a toy and I think I will fix someday ;). Sometiems there are plastic water bottles i put up there that need to be refilled too. On a few others there are little plastic farm animals from when my husband was little that we move around and wait for my son to find ~ a little came of hide and seek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll use the idea of keeping the bottom of the celery when we have fruit and veg week at school. The kids will be impressed with it! I'm loving the ball of string. That would be so handy in the classroom! Check out my contribution to the windowledge challenge.Just don't ask me to show you my pantry! That's a challenge for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dust and the end of the blind..I have been looking and I asked for your email..tho maybe the post didnt take..sometimes it doesn't and I have to go thru it all again....the invite is on its way....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! to have a kitchen ledge. We have an OLD kitchen redone by some very stupid men. RIGHT behind the kitchen sink, with no splash back is a window- and you can imagine how clean that is. There's barely even room to put a chopping board behind the taps. ONE DAY I am going to have a kitchen with a deep kitchen ledge with plants and pretty stuff. And a kitchen floor that you can actually clean, and a dishwasher that doesn't leak every time you run it and a fridge with no door storage and one that is not entirely white. Ah the joys of renting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well....... We don't even have a Kitchen Window!!!! Let alone a ledge!!! I used to enjoy looking out at my garden while washing up - now i just have to stare at the wall! I dunno - these English homes are strange!!!!

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...