Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Afternoon Tea Party

http://afancifultwistteaparty .....you might want to check this blog out and have a tea party of your own

the recipe for a good TEA PARTY

Two little girls
A tea set
Poppy to show them how to hold a cup
Lemonade(tea) for the tea pot
Yummy cookies,
A piece of red dotty cloth
Some stones to hold the cloth from blowing away....

and you have the perfect ingredients for a Perfect Afternoon Tea Party




Those hands can still hold a tea cup .... "i can do it Poppy"....

just enough to wet my whistle in this little cup i reckon!!!

And i wonder where this little idiosyncrasy comes from???? (that tongue poking out when concentrating).....
Her Poppy does ...
Her mother does it...
and now so does she!!!!


MMMMM .......nice vintage that lemonade....... i might have a second cup!!!!!!.....


Just a good as the first too.....


Savor the flavor.....





yesssss very good vintage.....






Is this how posh ladies do it Nanna ?????







Am i doing alright??????








It took me ages didn't it Hattie..... i put all those stones around the edges to hold the cloth...


perhaps I will fill the creamer too...that way we will have more....




I have filled them all...







Who was doing the washing up again????????




Just how straight a line is that?????




there were two cookies left.....
What a lovely tea Party it was.....
Perhaps the Mad Hatter would have enjoyed it too do you think?????












13 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the photos Annette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, I want to have a tea party!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! I'm lovely Rowan's dress...did you make it. I'd love to have a go at one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical tea party! What lovely memories you are creating! :)
    ps. Try the Salvation Army store in Ulverstone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo's are priceless! Great for Poppy to play so nicely! He needs to teach her to have her pinky out when she holds her tea cup....
    Absolutely gorgeous setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you participating in A Fanciful Twist's Blog Tea Party? This would be the most gorgeous post to link up to it! I am in love with all your props - the stones are a magical touch! Love ya, Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little grandaughter you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous post, with beautiful pictures of gorgeous people - what a delightful afternoon, you were just missing the cucumber sandwiches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just had a peek at your blog (it's great)... hope you dont mind... love this little tea party. can't wait to do stuff like that with my meggie :)

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...