Monday, August 23, 2010

I am sharing a Secret!!!!!

For the last couple of months i have been collecting this box full of super fresh veggies...
I chose to have my box fortnightly (but weekly is also an available option)
This week i have in my box...

8 pink eye potatoes ( Scottsdale)
1 large swede (Scottsdale)
1 huge pumpkin (North west Coast)
4 large packham pears (Hillwood)
5 apples ..3 red eating and two large cooking apples(Hillwood)
5 onions (Jetsonville)
7 large carrots (Scottsdale)
1 gorgeous mignonette lettuce (Thirlestane Lettuce)
1 huge Cauliflower (Forth Valley)
1/2 bunch of Celery (north west coast)
6 Parsnips (Scottsdale)

Every week there is a different collection of veggies and all that for just $25 for the box full and whats more it is packed that morning and delivered to Launceston by about 11am (i am notified by text) in my very own name labelled box which i pick up from the ABC studio in Anne Street in Launceston...there are other drop off points to check out as well



my slip telling me where my veggies come from and what is in my box for this fortnight...


This was today's bounty...Yummo!!!


now its time to check out the recipes to compliment such fresh bounty (and mostly organic)

I couldn't resist ...that red apple in the front got eaten..crunchy and delicious....mmmm


how fresh is this....cauliflower cheese perhaps????


and these.... dont think they will last long ?????



How perfectly crisp is this...like you picked it a minute ago... the stalk still intact was wrapped in wet newspaper which made it super fresh...

no bendy limp parsnips in this box....


Crunch ...crunch..... fresh as fresh....
and here is where you can check out having your box of Hilbarn Fresh Produce
check it out why don't you???? tell them Annette sent you via her blog.....







7 comments:

  1. That is one exciting box to get each week! So cheap too. Will have to tell mum about this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos - Fresh fruit and vege always look great I think, I love seeing it all together like that - looking so fresh and healthy! What a great little secret... that's not so secret anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea and tried it a couple of times, but in Perth (WA) they wouldn't deliver to our place, only to Jonathon's work, which wasn't really convenient! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do they send to the states? I LOVE fresh, local produce. It's the best and worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. coool.we did this in sydney..i wonder if there is similar in hobart yummo .love ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been doing the same thing here in Utah- it's called bountiful basket- a whole laundry basket full of fresh produce for 15 dollars! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...