Thursday, October 28, 2010

Movie Review......Samson and Delilah..True Love!!!!



This was a very raw and frank look at what is happening to the indigenous people of Australia...it was produced by an Australian ...Warick Thorton and is a totally Australia Film..it stars Australian Actors in Rowan McNamara who plays a fantastic role as Samson and Marrissa Gibson who plays Delilah and plays her role so believably passionately....it had rave reviews at the Camm's Film Festival so i wanted to watch it long ago when it first came out...but until this week it had not been a priority....
NOW after watching this movie i feel a deep sense of sorrow for our indigenous people and i think we should feel ashamed of how the "white man" has "encouraged" the indigenous Australian to reform to his way of living...the so called "civilized life".... the indigenous man lived for thousands of years as the keeper of this land, he protected it, he lived off it and the animals were his gods and his food source .. but now he is trying to survive...because you couldn't call it living...in this white man's world....
A WARNING
you will experience revulsion
very base living conditions
Abuse..physical and emotional
low level language
petrol sniffing
and witness vagrancy....plus many other assaults of the senses to awaken your awareness of how the Indigenous people of today are treated and living in a so called free land.... whose freedom i ask?????
Beautiful Australian Ballard music
very little dialogue
A movie to make you think.... to be grateful you are born who you are!!!!!!

Check out this website for the critics review and trailers of the film...
type in Samson and Delilah...
Everyone of us should watch this movie and especially those of us who have ever felt the tendency to have a racist thought at one time!!!!!!
I think we might find ourselves saying.....
I am SORRY......

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't need a warning, I just watched Kevin McCloud Slumming It in Mumbai, so it would take a lot to shock me at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that I haven't heard of it before. Probably considered too confronting for general release. I'll try to find one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the same way about this movie - thankyou for your honesty and frankness. I feel the same way as you and that as a culture they can't go back as we have taken so much (everything!) away and yet they can't move forward either due to our ongoing treatment and their loss of identity. It is really a crisis situation needing the kind of compassion and love that does not seem to be offered by our society as a whole. I could go on, but I won't, I'm with you - I'M SORRY! :(

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...