i don't want to scare all you girls out there who are getting up there on the Richter scale of age...BUT for me ...even though i seem to tire myself out to almost exhaustion point during the day...when i get to bed my body seems to relax enough to regenerate or i just nod off for just a couple of hours enough to regenerate and then wake early in the hours of the morning laying there in the silent dark with owl eyes for ages trying not to disturb "Himself"...
SSSSOOOO i sneakily and very quietly turn on my lamp to read these....
I have been looking out for Kitty Neale's "Nobody's Girl" ever since i read the review of it in our newspaper ages ago...so i am waiting to read this soon as i finish my Danielle Steele novel not shown here called "Legacy" by Danielle Steele (i like this author as she is light reading and feel good..not too much bad language and revealing lurid descriptive sex stuff ).... yes!!! it is a romance!!!! As its title suggests it is sort of about Family History involving the main character Bridgette and her French Aristocracy enter twined with her own family line who went back to Sioux Indian ...just into this one only 24 pages and i am loving it...
"Ransom" by Danielle Steele was just that a story about kidnapping and ransom... after her very rich husband dies and leaves Fernanda penniless she endeavors to keep that fact from her three teenage kids by living the same life they were used to... her struggle to do so sees her take a path crossed by a few very different characters like the detective the kidnappers...a believable plot ...could very well happen today.
Funny how when you read something as you are really tired you never seem to remember it...that is until you pick the written word up then it refreshes your memory..
i love reading..... love a good romance.....
What i have learned.....
Take heart all you students out there...yes you can recall what you study (well for me it was read)even when you think you are too tired!!!!
Hi Nett,
ReplyDeleteDo you lend your books out?
I can totally sympathize with the not sleeping thing, but I am over that 'time'.
I am a chronic insomniac, and only sleep a couple of hours a night even though I am exhausted.
I even iron in the middle of the night and clean my clothes cupboard out.
Love Lorraine.
xxx
Yes, I know just what you mean.
ReplyDeletewish I had time to read something I CHOOSE to read rather than all the uni stuff!! maybe in the holidays.
ReplyDeleteP.S Matt's blog was updated every couple of days. you'll have to check it out it's great reading.
Blanche xx