Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our "Aunty Cecily",Super Slide,Daisy Chains and Roly Polys and Bubble Tea.....

When Sarah and Chelsea were first born we lived next door to this wonderful lady who very quickly became the girls very special "Auntie Cecily"...the girls fell in love with her and she had no children and loved the girls like her own back...so even before they were walking they would pack their PJ's and go next door to sleep on most weekends as Cecily worked as a nurse at the hospital and only had the weekends off...they loved spending time with her very much and she was so much part of their lives... then Cecily moved...they grew up and Cecily moved away from Tasmania ....we moved again...we stayed in touch by Christmas letters {as you do} and now she is back in Hobart and not living far from Chelsea ....so today we all caught up for a relaxed afternoon "graze" and for her to meet all the extended family...Cecily is on her own now so we plan for that to be a "not for long" happening...she has us all back in her lives now....and we plan to make getting together a regular event...
We love you "Auntie Cecily" and now there is a new generation to bring their PJ's for sleepovers!!!!!


the catching up and "grazing"....

Arliss meets "Great Auntie Cecily"
Yesterday....... all my troubles were so faraway..opps sorry ...
there is a huge slide at Dunerne just near Sandy Bay so we decided to go there yesterday.... Darby decided to make a Daisy Chain which didn't take long at all considering all the daisies in the carpet of grass... then the girls decided to play rolypoly's down the hill ...











But the slide was the highlight of the visit to this park.....Definitely thrill seekers these girls i can tell you...when the slide was not as fast as they would like...Nanna was urged to get the rug from the car and off they sped down at the rate of knots...wwweeeeeeee...
Did Nanna have a turn...you bet ya!!! she had to take Rosie down as she is too little to remember to keep her legs straight and shoes off the sides......so Nanna had a good excuse to have copious goes...(it was the getting back up that hill that was the killer..oh well i am counting that as my exercise for the week...??????.)







Afternoon Tea..... was very POSH... we went to MO MO's on Sandy Bay Road... it is a tiny little restaurant that serves these amazing drinks called BUBBLE TEA.... What is different about Bubble Tea you ask... well it is a green tea or a milky base flavored with your choice of flavors...eg i had Lychee but the girls had caramel, avocado. mulberry, chocolate and Mango etc
The secret ingredient is the huge almost marble size black pearl tapioca and the slices of flavored jellies that you suck up through a huge straw..... i am addicted!!!!




Waiting and waiting ...we took some friends with us so i don't think they were prepared for 8 of us in such a quaint tiny restaurant!!!! We had to wait for 20 minutes but it sure was worth it...



This Rowan's hand(she is three) and that is the size of the black pearl tapioca that you have in the drink.... YUMMO!!!!!
i always love spending time with my grand kids and tonight i asked BB for a cuddle and a kiss as i would be leaving to go home tomorrow morning and she sort of smiled... i told her she wouldn't have to listen to Nanna telling them all to pick up their stuff off the floor and make their rooms tidy.... i am the Nanna Gestapo.... !!!!! but i know they will miss me ...until next time.....

SO Tomorrow i head back north to continue the next phase of the HOUSE.... watch the next post for more pics...The house is progressing without me as it should but i have been licking my wounds down here in Hobart...yep that's right...building a house has its really big problems that cause tears and almost divorces and i have had TWO BIGGIES(no not the divorce part )... BUT.......stayed tuned for the story and pictures!!!!!













9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love slides, and that one looks awesome! I've been wondering what bubble tea is, and it sounds very interesting....?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such fun times with your grandkids, and I love reading about it. I don't have any of my own, but I share 5 of my sisters with her. This afternoon I spent a couple of hours with 2 of them, and enjoyed it a lot. I even get called Nanny occasionally, which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that slide - lots of for young and old. I used to walk past there all the time. Not sure I like the idea of bubble tea. To be honest, it sounds disgusting. Not the tapioca bit, but the flavored green tea with milk...week. I also noticed Hattie was absent from this trip...
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how your house is going, although I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see you down over the weekend :D Looks like you had a load of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette, don't you just love those sort of "relatives" - We had only those sort growing up, as my parents had emigrated from the UK. My "Granny" is turning 95 Anjac Day and she is now my kids "Great Gran". Your grandchildren will cherish the time you spend with them and I am sure your girls love having sometime to themselves as well. Hope to see you soon, Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hats was there George... slide number 3 photo.... looong hair! She wants a bob for her birthday! I love bubble tea so much. Sarah and I always get it when we go into town. French Vanilla in my fave with extra tapioca!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOunds like you fitted heaps into one weekend. OOh I am dying to try the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunty Cecily sounds so sweet! Lovely you are in touch again.
    That slide is awesome - Leia Bradbury and i had fun on it one year on convention..
    Bubble tea sounds delicious! would love to try it!!!
    P.s. i love the different coloured kitchen chairs in the 2nd photo down, whose house it that? cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to take the kids down that slide!! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...