Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nan has left our World ..for a better one...

This is our beautiful Mother, mother-in-law..grandmother and Great Grandmother...
Joan Catherine Clark (Nee Fox)
who passed from this mortal life on Friday June 24th 2011...




We remember her as a wonderful caring loving mother ...devoted to her children, grand children and great grand children...who brought her much joy with each of their visits... so visit we did for her fabulous Roast dinners and lemon meringue pie and sponge cakes filled with jam and cream....

Pop built a wonderful 8 ball room at the back of their home in George Town and we all spent fabulous memorable days out there playing 8 ball and darts... socializing and catching up while the kids played cricket and ran around the fish pond pop built in the backyard...

Nan loved going out there for a cigarette and to practise her darts.


These two pics above were taken on the occasion of Nan and Pops 60th Wedding anniversary in 2002

Look at all us kids (Chelsea and Dave and their 4 girls were overseas in the USA living) ...
Pop and Nan's Family.....A true testimony of their love for us all...
Nan is survived by her four children, 8 grand children and 9 great grandchildren ..
Families are Eternal so we know we will meet again Nan...
we love you Nan and will miss you but your legacy lives on in us all
...
We still have our beloved Pop... who now lives on in his own world called Dementia... until he can join his beloved Joan again.. ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this Annette. I didn't realise till Chelsea said something on Facebook. Thinking of you all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still moved to tears so easily at the thought of my grandmother, Alice May. Though I adored all my grandparents and miss them terribly, Alice was the last to depart us and she taught me my crafts. The sadness never leaves ...we just learn to cope and get on with things each day. God bless you all.

    While angels lie in silent wait, another sould to the Lord to take, be still our grief for death shall bring, eternal life in the arms of our King. (written by me! Another gift from nan lol, who had the gift of poetry) What gifts did your mother pass on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this sad news. Lots of happy memories I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss Nettie.
    I like the picture of the bar in the billiard room. They had a good life!
    I lived in George Town for many years, maybe I knew their house or passed them in the street.
    Very sad.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...