Thursday, August 25, 2011

EYE SURGERY .......

Today i had surgery on both my eyes.....
Four weeks ago on a Thursday i went to my optometrist Sue for my regular 2 year eye checkup thinking i would be choosing some new glasses... i ended up having an urgent appointment with an eye specialist at the eye hospital on the next Tuesday and today i had eye surgery on both my eyes... it seems that i had developed what they call "zipping" of the arteries in my eyes which could see me having what the eye specialist called a "blowout" or and aneurysm...rather serious actually...did i feel anything to let me know i had this problem...NO... i didnt feel anything different at all....
....AND then today i underwent surgery to clear the arteries and now i have temporary short term blurred vision  which will last a couple of days maybe(it is actually clearing as i type this).. i have to rest for a few days and not lift anything heavier than a carton of milk until the surgery has time to heal otherwise i might burst open my iris..my surgery was done the procedure through the iris in each eye...

BUT there is more...

i also have to have laser surgery to remove a cataract from both eyes and check a cyst that has been there for a few of years now..

with this slightly blurred vision i now know what a blessing it is to have your eyesight....
the upside of this is that i will have almost 20/20 vision again... i may not have to wear glasses again ...or only for close reading and sewing...


this picture was on the wall at the eye hospital it is actually advertising macular degeneration... i am assured i don't have a sign of that yet.....

my wrinkly old eye before my surgery...doesn't look much different after...i hope i don't have black eyes...no evidence of them yet!!!!!

the surgery room where the procedure took place and the machine that i sat at while the specialist did the procedure.

Glad it is all over now ....

just the road to recovery which i am LOOKING forward to....

10 comments:

  1. oh it was today!?! Goodness - glad it's all over now. Praying that it will have fixed all the problems and that you will have perfect sight now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how scary for you. I hope everything heals up nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, you poor thing.
    From what they've been teaching me at Uni, the arteries of the eye are the only place in the body we can get a glimpse of what is happening to the micro-vascular beds in the rest of your body. If you're 'zipping' there, could you be 'zipping' anywhere else without knowing it? If you haven't already done so, maybe you should get someone to check your blood pressure and LDL levels. Sorry, I know your health is none of my business, but it's the trainee nurse coming out in me ;)
    I'm sure your eyes will be perfect now though :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic they were able to get onto it so quickly and that the upshot is that you'll have better vision by the end of it. Take it from someone with terrible eyesight (so bad I'm not allowed to have laser corrections surgery), your eyes are very important. Hope that all goes well going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had eyes surgery 6 years ago (I could use another correction again) to correct eyesight and it was such a easy procedure that I thought I was still "being prepared" as I was having surgery LOL...

    I hope that blur disapear during the next days and you feel better with it. You're right, our sight is too precious to play with or postpone it.

    Praying for a happy and jolly recovery.

    Take Care Dear Nettie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh scary! glad its partly over for you!! glad to SEE you are LOOKING forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nettie,
    I hope you're feeling better and less blurry.
    Wishing you a nice weekend,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad everything went well. that must have been rather frightening, not expecting it and all. Glad its not macular degeneration either, thats horrible. Nan has that, so sad seeing her eye sight disappear so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just might go see if I can have my cataract fixed...now.. so I can have a "new" lens...and as I have satisfied the insurance deductible..I will save more if done by the end of the year...

    Take care...thinking of you all...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad everything went well! Thinking of you in Utah.

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...