Sunday, December 4, 2011

the tree is up....

We finally have our tree up...Yeah!!!!! i don't know if i am excited or scared...excited because it will soon be Christmas or scared because it is sooooo close..
 We didn't have a tree last year in our little "shoebox"... when we moved house we threw it away because it was so old and had seen too many Christmases to not be retired...
i have been so sick with the Asian flue for the last two weeks so it was up to "Himself" to go and chose the tree...
"Himself" came home with the biggest and the best tree....


trouble was we only had a little one meter tree originally and now the decorations look so sparse on this huge monster...but i guess i will have fun collecting new ones from now on...

it almost reaches the ceiling see????

our Christmas Angel ..she is made of rags to remind us to not forget the true meaning behind  the gifts we give and receive at Christmas time....

oops cover your eyes kids...Nooo it is not Rudolph's antlers..these are waiting to go south for you Chelsea...but they look good with all my porcelain balls don't they....

my Christmas Creche.... the reminder of the one true Christmas gift given so long ago...

those very special parents.....

How i love that little donkey who carried the precious cargo so long ago....
I love Christmas...do you????

6 comments:

  1. Good tree C! I hope you are feeling well soon my dear. Sorry to hear you've been laid low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your nativity set Nettie. That is my one gift I've requested but I've told Pete to wait until after Christmas when they'll be on sale. he he. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Nice choice of tree Kelv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you r tree. Although, one if the things I love most about living over here is having a real tree. We brought ours back on the top of our car from VT as it was $30, as opposed to $60-70, if we bought it down here. And if you are looking for some lovely handmade decorations, check out my etsy shop later today as I will be listing lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette, Hope you are feeling better.... green ginger wine helps the flu.... Love the antlers.... got to love the antlers.... Hope you have a great Christmas with your family...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love and Live for Christmas.
    My Tree will go up on Thursday, the day we celebrated the Immaculated Conception.

    Love your tree. Himself did well, wonderfully so.

    Happy and Blessed Christmas Dear Friend.

    Teresa


    P.S. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...