NOW IF YOU CAN'T STOMACH MEDICAL PROCEDURES OR STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD.........
DON'T GO ANY FURTHER...
I AM SERIOUS...
THIS IS A VERY GRAPHIC MEDICAL TYPE POST.....
(taken on my android i phone)
Today i took dear old Auntie Floss back to the Specialist Clinic at the Launceston General Hospital to have her check up after she had a fall while we were away in Hobart....she spent nearly three weeks in the hospital and ended up having skin grafts after she had a huge hemotoema(clot) removed.....
this is the sight on the top of her leg were the surgeon took the skin graft from .....
DON'T GO ANY FURTHER...
I AM SERIOUS...
THIS IS A VERY GRAPHIC MEDICAL TYPE POST.....
(taken on my android i phone)
Today i took dear old Auntie Floss back to the Specialist Clinic at the Launceston General Hospital to have her check up after she had a fall while we were away in Hobart....she spent nearly three weeks in the hospital and ended up having skin grafts after she had a huge hemotoema(clot) removed.....
this is the sight on the top of her leg were the surgeon took the skin graft from .....
Today the doctor debrided the wound again taking the skin that had died away and preparing the area for another skin graft which he did right there in the clinic...the skin was her own that had been "harvested" and kept on ice just waiting for today to repair any area that did not take...
this small area was the worst and needed to be completely covered with the skin graft...this hole was so deep i could see the tendons (or whatever the white thing was???)
this skin graft on the other leg was doing the best, you can see where the graft areas are on the calf....there was just a small graft placed on that middle of the wound area....
I hope that i haven't "grossed" you out too much and Auntie Floss is doing OK for 93 years of age...she is walking about on her "pins" as she calls her legs ...by the way she needed NO anesthetic or help from pain relief to do this today....we have an appointment for next week to place the final pieces of host skin on any areas that are not healing well enough...after that the hosted skin used to graft on the wound will no longer be viable to graft....





oh my goodness. poor old aunty floss. xxxx
ReplyDeleteFascinating but what did the hospital staff think about you taking all those photos! LOL. How fabulous though and 93. She must be a good healer.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she didn't need pain relief!!! I am glad I was only seeing it from afar.... may have been on the floor otherwise! Amazing what they can do today!
ReplyDeleteWhat a strong lady.. I would have fainted for sure. :))
ReplyDeleteDo hope all is going well for your Aunt.. :)) just amazing stuff..
Oh no! I would be crying for pain relief if I went through that. Hope your Aunt is recovering well.
ReplyDeletePS: I am hosting a giveaway for Sedwick Studios on my blog, and hope you will enter! http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/08/sedwick-studio-giveaway.html