And she LOVES it... the freedom of running (in her gumboots) wild.... through the paths carved through all the forget-me- not flowers and the fresh mown grass ...down to collect the eggs from the 7 hens every morning...watching the bumblebees work the roses and flowering fruit trees..
the ride on Mower parked in the shed is just right to practise being a farm girl on...
and all the different birds that she can see and hear as they visit the garden..some choose to stay!!!
These are the wonders of the farm that she loves...Nanna managed to catch her one of the baby chicks to hold...oh so soft and fluffy next to her face..trying to be so gentle with this little fluffy chick..
this busy momma has NINE to look after..
TWINS even....
FIVE creamy yellow fluffy balls of energy and FOUR ebony balls of fluff...
here is Nanna encouraging the babies closer with some bread so she can catch one for Rosie to hold...
...Then....JUST DOWN THE ROAD....
then there is this beautiful bay to look at from the best child friendly and equipped park ever while we have a BBQ with friends to catch up ...yes ... just down the road!!!!
see the little rain cloud passing through across the bay????
Would you ever tire of looking at this view ...i just may be encouraged to move down there!!!
..I keep trying to find an excuse to stay here!!!!! but remember that garden and those gorgeous grandkids????....well!!!!
Lovely photos as usual.
ReplyDeleteI think you live in a little piece of heaven.
Hi Annette, stunning photo's .... the farm looks lovely and the sea ... well how good is it so close! I would be returning soon!
ReplyDeleteNettie,
ReplyDeleteDo you know that I lived in the suburbs all my life, and now I am dreaming of a home in the mountains? I don't think it gets any better than that. Is this your grandaughter? The first picture of her is so sweet, and even more sweeter as she is holding the baby chick. I bet she was so curious looking all around at the farm. Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Lovely moments to be Thankful for, Dear Friend.
ReplyDeleteRosie is forbidden of growing so fast, I can hardly keep up with her from one picture to the next. She is so beautiful. And photogenic too, in an untamed way (absolutely adorable!)
Well, that place isn't going anywhere and I'm sure you'll return to it often, treasuring it always.
Happy Thanskgiving! Blessings to you and your loved ones.
How perfect. I love the little chicks. We have a few babies here too. 4 of our chicks have two mother and they are always all confused. It's so cute.
ReplyDeleteShe is gorgeous! She really does seem to be enjoying herself on the farm. How lovely that she gets to run free
ReplyDeleteI would like to invite you to enter the Pacifica gift set giveaway at my blog now: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/11/pacifica-gift-set-giveaway.html