Today we had a wonderful picnic lunch in the freshest of forest air... so much oxygen amid those giants of the forest...
we came in on this road...
beside these two rows of ancient pines all covered in a velvety coat of green mossy lichen...
as the sun changed the forest took on different dresses of green ...
I couldn't stop loving these gnarled old trees all dressed in their velvety finery...
dappled light from the sun changing the trees before my eyes.... (sigh!!!!)
then I saw this little wood fairy...but she ran away from me..
we all set off to catch her...
there was a lot of little magic mushrooms..hiding on the forest floor amid the pine needles
Oh there she is again that little forest Fairy....
is this where she lives....!!!!
come on in to my house I have a door into the underground under this tree....!!
You cant live there... we said ..come home with us ..she did of course....
"Himself" the Popstar(as she calls him) and his best friend Beattie the Lab came too in the trusty UTE...yes of course dogs are allowed ..(on their leash of course)
yes it is her..the forest Fairy....none other than Miss Rosie...
we did find this fungi too..apparently this is an edible one according to some foreign people who were collecting them one year when we were there before...
Where were we ????
this pic was actually taken there today
Holly Bank of course and there is no other place to spend a gorgeous afternoon walking in such a beautiful place with people you love ......
we are going back to do the Holly Bank Tree Top Adventure by night ...
(well Poppy "Himself and the big girls are one night this week ) ...
Anyone want to come???
Gorgeous pics Annette. Are many leaves changing colour there yet?
ReplyDeleteAmazing Place. Magical, indeed... Fairies only added interest to it.
ReplyDeleteYou live in a gorgeous Country!!!
Thank you for sharing all this fun and beauty with us.
Love,
Teresa
Great pics Nettie :)) I thought you were at the lakes.. :)) Beware of the those fairies... They can be hard to catch and love to play :))
ReplyDeletehugs pat :))
Such gorgeous pics - just beautiful! xx
ReplyDeleteNettie,
ReplyDeleteYour little forest fairy is darling. You know, I have always loved the forest. I feel a sense of peace when I'm there. Your pictures today made my heart glad.
Have a peaceful weekend, Nettie. And these pictures of Rosie are just so sweet.
Love,
~Sheri