Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Remembering Yvonne Jean...MY MUM...

This is my MUM...

You can tell she loves me to bits..(yes that is ME)..aaaawwww ...what a cute little girl i was ..in fact i won a baby competition run by Pears Baby Powder for this photo...

My mum was turned twenty just 4 days before i was born...


 Taken in the Launceston City Park... i love this pic ..it was taken by my dad...
 I don't look as happy in this pic...How pretty is my MUM...
 This is the only photo of have of my mum when she was a teenager..she was only 16 years old here..
 This was the day MUM married my Dad....George..this is her wedding photo...
 My grandmother and MUM...her mother,  Elizabeth...They were going to the Launceston Agricultural Show in Newstead...
 Outside the front of our house in George Town ....mum would have been about 25 years old here..
 Fishing from the beach at Bicheno..she loved to fish with her very own small light rod...
This is about the age i really remember MUM well...30 ish...(not our car because she never learned to drive...)

She was an awesome Mum, loved her kids, she had three ...i have a younger brother and  sister, she 
defended us kids like a Lioness, but we knew when we did the wrong thing she would always set us right...(she had a little whippy willow stick that brought us into line)....How she adored her grand children to bits and just loved to spend time with them even when it tired her out.... sadly she left this world far to early..at the age of just 55...with a heart attack and Emphysema ....she died on the kitchen floor alone....
Her short life was one of "doing unto others as you would have them do unto you", treat other with Respect, she was always helping someone, generous with her time and talents, a really hard worker, accepting of those who were different, kind and caring, always taking some injured animal in and nursing it back to health....on an on...

Her Legacy to me ...I look in the mirror and she smiles back at me. 

How i wish she was still here to see her grand children, the wonderfully talented and beautiful mothers they are..to be with her great grand children and enjoy the wonderful joy of seeing them grow and achieve in their lives...

i guess if i had to chose one of my Mums valuable lesson to use in my life it would be ...

Live and let Live and LOVE with all your HEART....


 I am everything i am and will become because you gave me life but mostly you gave me LOVE,  MUM.. i honour you but mostly i thank you for the wonderful mother you are and continue to be as your memory lives on in your family...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE MOTHERS IN OUR LIVES.

9 comments:

  1. I'll add my thanks to her and send a prayer to Heaven for having given me this beautiful soul.

    More - large - comment when I get home, this is a too touching post to comment on a first read.

    Love you, Sweet Lady! So glad she raised you to be like her.

    Yours,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Memories to cherish :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous tribute to your Mother. The photos definitely reveal her personality.

    (Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment. The Leavers Dinner sounds similar to Prom.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet post, your Mum would be so pleased. Thank you for visiting my blog, you really must make the shawl as it is SO pretty and well worth the effort.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Nettie, lovely pics- she was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute to your Mum, Nettie! Thank you for visiting me the other day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these photos of your mom, Nettie. She is absolutely stunning!

    PS: I'm hosting an Antipodes giveaway and hoep you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/antipodes-apostle-skin-brightening-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nettie,
    I just thought this post about your mother was beautiful. She seemed like such a lovely woman in many ways. The old pictures are priceless, and I don't know which is my favorite, but I have to say that the one where she is fishing really got me. I smiled when I read about the "Lioness" because I always tell my kids that I am a Lion and they are my cubs.

    What a heartfelt story, Nettie, and your mom raised such a wonderful daughter.

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...