Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bits of Blue

The vibrancy of the colour blue on that Blue Wren got me to thinking what bits of blue i have in my home and among my treasures....so here are some to share with you.... i was totally amazed just how much blue i did have ... and where it was because i am NOT a blue girl....






The antique meat plate belonged to my mother ...the jug is recycled glass and is so heavy when filled with drink you can hardy lift it but i guess i could used it for a vase!!!
the casserole dish and salad bowl were made by a local potter....Catherine Batten...



MMMM mmmm "Blue whale" the colour is called and i wanted something to make it stand out not blend in ...because it is obviously a built on addition..... don't try to hide the fact ...make it a feature...

blue pottery balls in the garden...


My front door.....



A decorative plate on the kitchen wall...



The Turkish tiles on a wall hanging in the Blue bedroom...




a gorgeous little treasure made by Chelsea heaps of years ago..i love it.


the lead light in the back door...



the old meat safe i crackle painted centuries ago and it is now the storage cupboard for the dog food in the back porch....



the grape hyacinths that grow in my garden



the striped cushions that adorn the seats on my deck




the pots of colour in the back garden...mmmm there is a lot of blue!!!!


my lighthouse kitchen clock made from a tile...




this canvas is of Darby my granddaughter and me (she is now 10) ..done in 2003...



a little dish i fancied at a garage sale... imitating Dolphs Blue pottery from Holland...








and here is the real thing... See the difference....????

and another little West German porcelain trinket box...with a bird on the lid...this was the inspiration for the post...
















7 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL - I love blue too (and pink)
    Thanks for sharing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post. And I well remember the crackle paint fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe you are a 'blue girl' afterall. Isn't it kinda ironic that blue is such an uplifting colour but the mood isn't??? go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue glazes on pots. The ones in your garden are my favourite shade. I LOVE blue, but don't have a lot of it either in my house or my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who woulda thought you had so much blue. Green, I'm a green person. I love the striped cushions. Look very inviting with a great book. Oh and the meat safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your blue! Must say I am ablue fan as well.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe you use the old meat safe for the dog food.
    If you ever want to get rid of it, I'm interested.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...