But now that i am in Young Women's i want to be able to see what all the "hyp" about and talk to them on their level.... so seeing as we had a sleep over at my place and we got heaps done (we i did because the girls showed me how to use the Windows Media Centre and i am away making DVDs of all my photos soon)..... well anyway i had this brilliant idea because Aley's mum had bought her a ticket to go see it and she sacrificed going with her family to come to the sleepover.... that we would all go and see it ..even "himself"!!!!!!
So back the front i went...never having even reflected on reading one of the trilogy of Stehanie Meyers books...and certainly not watched one of the the movies from the books.... here i was standing in this huge line...and i am talking HUGE...i have never seen such a long line right out the door and down the street...for a movie EVER....
every seat in the cinema was full even the front row!!!!
That was an experience in itself.....
Here's my ticket just to prove that i went and if you look under the time of the showing you will see that i really did go...Note SENIOR...yep that's me now... i even have a card to prove it ...
You are waiting for my opinion aren't you????...... WELL..... seeing as it was fantasy, vampires and people who change into wolves and that doesn't really grab me at all....
I thought the graphics were great,THE EYES of the vampires were freaky, the wolf graphics were just OK, the scenery was magnificent and the story line was a good (i am sure there will be another sequel) with great morals....and seeing as modern movies today are telling young people it is OK to have lose morals, to sleep around , to have sex before marriage etc etc...all the things we are teaching our beautiful Young Women are not going to make them happy ...then it got a couple of points from me...
If your asking me would i wait in that line outside in the freezing cold at 9.pm on a cold winters night night (even if i had bought my ticket Sacha...who snuck in with us in line) to watch the next one...then the answer is NO... i will wait for it to come out at the video store and maybe ...just maybe i might hire it...
My rating as a Movie Critic....i have no credentials anyways ...so what does it matter what i think...
IT IS ALL ABOUT CHOICE.....YOUR CHOICE ANYWAY!!!!!
oh you are a legend Annette! I read the books because I was sick of everyone saying that the 'books were better than the movies' and they were good, but I'm still not convinced like a lot of other people are. I can wait to see it :)
ReplyDeleteGood on you, for getting out there with the youth! I suppose you know that Stephanie Meyer is a Mormon? That's why I allowed myself to be swept up in the whole Twilight experience. We'll go to see the movie sometime in the school holidays. Wendy xx
ReplyDeletegrandson !!! aaaargh how wonderful.tell me more :)
ReplyDeletexx
Good for you Darby's gran! Tezla is a huge fan so I read the books and have seen the movies. I'll be taking her to see Eclipse once the scary frenzy dies down a bit. I think they're quite feel good and fuzzy! All that romance....
ReplyDeleteWell done for braving the cold and crowds and vampires!