and now i have to still do it ...an addiction!!!!!
My latest conquered "pack of paper" was this novel...The Memory Keeper's daughter by Kim Edwards by Penguin books and written in 2005.....
(WITHOUT GIVING TOO MUCH AWAY ...THIS IS A BRIEF STORY LINE).....
It was set in the 60's in a small US town where a blizzard forces the local doctor to deliver his own twins... his son is born first, a beautiful perfect son and but he notices that his daughter has the charateristically classic traits that will see her living with Down Syndrome... He asks his nurse to take the baby girl to an institution in the area..but her heart goes out to this baby girl and she decides to disappears to another city to raise the little girl as her own .....
a very deep and compelling novel of that life which and the parallels with the life of the other twin....
the unending search by the guilt ridden father........ the anguishing depths of a guilt ridden father's life ...
the consequences of that momentary so thought wise and compassionate decision, run deeply through this novel....
one of those "make you think" ...emotional roller coaster ride novels.
Worth the read.....
What happens in the end you ask????
You will have to read the book....
I will loan it to you!!!!!!!
I've read this book, and yes, it's a good read.
ReplyDeletecan I be first can I can I Jenni K
ReplyDeleteI love this book! It's a good one!
ReplyDeleteOooh i started reading this but had to return it to the library! I always wondered what happened in the end!!
ReplyDeleteI read it.
ReplyDeleteI loved it :)
Yes I loved it. I like thought provoking books. Oh the consequences of a decision.
ReplyDeleteOoh, that sounds good! Add me to the list of borrowers! xx
ReplyDelete