Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Burgled.... YES...Burgled!!!!!

Get a cuppa and take a bit of time out when you look at this post...Rather long i am afraid... Sunday night we had been out doing some service for some church members (which we usually do once a fortnight on a Sunday evenings).. after that we got home and parked our car in the usual place in the driveway...which is only a couple of metres from our bedroom window and in front of the garage door....That night it rained hard and the wind blew overnight so there was a lot of loose things rattling out there... We we woke in the morning and"Himself" took the dog out about 7am(who had been allowed to sleep inside on her warm mat overnight because she is scared of the storms).."Himself" then called me saying.."You left the boot up in the car last night !!!"...ME... "No i didn't you were the last one inside so it must have been you"...I then came out and Said "What have you been in the garage for this morning"..."Himself" says..." NO i haven't been in there ..I thought you had"....(this was all happening so fast remember) By this stage "Himself" had closed the boot of the car already... I was opening the passenger side door on seeing all the contents of my glove box strewn on the passenger seat thinking "Himself" had been looking for something in there and my CD's that i keep in the console scattered there (they werent interested in YW's chruch music and Pavaroti).... then it dawned on me...WE HAVE BEEN BURGLED... I then felt sick.... i was in shock when i said to "Himself"... "Is my ($1300 dollar)cook top still in the boot???"...i was taking it down to my granite installer so he could cut out the template to fit it in ... "himself sprinted inside to retrieve the car keys to open the boot again as he said he honestly didn't remember looking in there... NO.. GONE...THE $13OO DOLLAR COOK TOP... GONE(I had waited 3 three weeks for) IT WAS GONE.. Still trying hard to believe what our eyes and head was telling us, walked into the garage to find a cupboard in there wide open (nothing of interest in there for them...just my bits and pieces from my Scrap booking and Quilting) but on the other wall where "Himself" had his POWER TOOLS, all in their own little plastic cases and stacked neatly..ALL GONE..blank spaces... now you have to remember that my dad is now in a Nursing Home and had given "Himself" some of his Power Tools as well. And there are space on shelves, that we knew had items in, but we now both have no idea of what we there...still!!!! We followed the protocol..called the Police...two beautiful young officers came around 9.30am ..went through the details...fingerprinted the car and the garage door...then took the details... When i mentioned the cook top and the inconvenience of having to wait 3 weeks to reorder it but no only that ..i might be penalised $50 a day by a clause in my building contract...the female police officer asked me to go to the police car with her... There on the back seat was my COOK TOP... still in the box ..albeit opened...i screamed, jumped up and down on the street and hugged her(shock had definitely set in)..it had my name on the box and we had the code number on the receipt so after photographing it ...they then replaced it in my boot ...so blessed...so blessed...after the trials come the blessings...we have had both!!!!I could now meet the deadline and take the cook top to the granite installer...(one happy little Vegemite me) Before the Police arrived they had been to the first of three other robberies in the street... that neighbor had actually found my cook top thrown under a bush when he had been out searching to see if the burglars had dumped any of the items he had been robbed of...he had duly given it to the police...(Than You so much honest neighbor) i had to change a lot of plans for that day...but even though i was late to collect dad for the drive to Bridgenorth to the Granite Installer...we still got to go with the cook top...all handed over but we may still be late because he is one man down and not well himself..but we can cope with a day or two or even a week...we are still on target for Easter. Thank You Guardian Angels...(for i am sure i have a few) My nice white car (even with the rain) all dusted for prints(sounds like something from a TV show i know...he he)... and the garage door all dusted too.


and the boot where my cook top was stolen from..... all dusted
And that is the end of my Monday morning drama...one i hope never is repeated...but at least we are duly cover by insurance and we will be able to replace the power tools ..but not until we can lock them securely and activate the alarm which will be installed in the new house...

Burglars Beware

14 comments:

  1. What a horrible experience for you! But so lucky with regards to the cook top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP.IT! You were out doing service and THAT happened? So sad. :( I hope they are caught.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing that they dumped it! makes you feel sick, i hate that feeling that someone has been through your stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no Annette!!!! i'm SO glad you got your cooktop back and glad it wasn't damaged! Also glad you had insurance. It's an awful feeling to be broken into hey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Worse feeling ever when you know someone has been touching your things! Good that you got the cooktop back BUT bummer about the tools. Fingers crossed that they find the nasty people who burgled you. Insurance is great but if it is something sentimental you can't put a money value on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh horrible! That's so scary.
    I'm glad to hear you got the cook top back... and so you should! Fingers crossed it never happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavens, what a drama.
    I felt ill for you when I read about your cook top, and then breathed a sigh of relief for you when it was returned to you. Hope you get everything else back.
    Love Lorraine.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it the worst feeling? I felt so gross knowing some slimebag had been rifling through my car.

    Have you heard of the game Cranium? It's about $70 but it's so fun; lots of charades/word type games, and one where you have to sculpt stuff out of playdough. I had that game (I have a new one now) and it was in the back seat of my car when my car got broken into. The game was stolen, but I said "WELL, the playdough was hard so the joke's on them! Suckers!"

    But seriously, no fun at all. Sorry to hear. Glad you got your stove back and that your insurance will take care of the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly how you feel! It's such a feeling of gut wrenching sickness. You feel violated and vulnerable. I had my car broken into 3 times when I was a student. Twice in Hobart and once right outside the Adelaide Temple - that was really tough!
    I'm so glad you guys got your cooktop. It's so rare to recover stolen goods. I guess the burglers weren't exactly 'homemakers' (surprise surprise). Heavenly Father knows us perfectly. I'm sure that's why you have your cooktop. Love you Nettie and Kelv. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nettie, I'm so sorry for your drama! Am over the moon you got your cook top back though! HUGE blessing :-)
    xx
    H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, must have seemed so surreal to you as it unravelled and how incredibly fortunate that the cooker was retrieved!
    Your house is looking amazing, and going so quickly now, I have not popped by for a while and was surprised!
    No, they are not stuffed owls haha, real live ones at Wings Wildlife Park at gunns Plains :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I know that feeling. So glad you got the cook top back. Just doesn't seem right that you are busy trying to do the right thing and at the same time someone is doing that. Hope they get what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry! This sounds awful!

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...