Thursday, April 26, 2012

ANZAC DAY at our house...



ANZAC Day at our house was full on..."Himself" and I went to the 9 o'clock service at Perth Cenotaph and then I picked up the four grand girls who were delivered to me from Hobart by their other grand mother...just for the day ...

First we made ANZAC biscuits.....



the recipe from one of my favorite Cookbooks


all 36 or them...cooling on the wrack ..with little mouths waiting to gobble them up...(but it seems that the uncooked mixture is more yummy than the cooked biscuit..so one batch worth didn't quite make it into cooked ANZAC biscuits) ...




the laying of the wreaths at the Perth Cenotaph...

"Himself" with his uncles medals..worn with pride to the service..

Then a visit to Auntie Floss in the nursing home who had a fall on Monday night requiring 6 stitches in the back of her head and a trip to hospital with a long wait till 2am in the A&E...she so loves to see the girls and have them visit her.
I cant show you in pictures the rest of the day from her as it is F.U.N rated... and i forgot to get the camera from my bag... 
Lets just say it included lunch at Maccas and the rest of the afternoon at Treasure Island Indoor Play Centre...Frosty fruits and then  all to soon they were gone...home to Hobart...weep weep!!!!
I had the best day..I was tired and  I am sure they were too.
Lest we Forget.......

3 comments:

  1. "
    "It is the Anzac spirit that shows us not who we intrinsically are, but who we want to be.''

    Lieutenant-Governor of NSW Tom Bathurst QC paid tribute before joining guests, including Premier Barry O'Farrell, in laying a wreath on the Cenotaph."


    Makes me proud to see the children - growing more beautiful picture after picture - being taught respect and tradition.

    They will grow wiser and kinder this way.

    Blessed Be, Nettie and "Himself" for showing them the way.

    Lest we (ALL) Forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made anzacs for the kids for when they got home from school, but added healthy chia seeds to them. I also always add some lemon zest and drizzle them with lemon icing as we like them better tht way ( I usually cut down on the sweetness of them too). Good to see all the girls. Chels, is really slack with updating her blog these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to try one of those Anzac's and they were delicious! :D

    ReplyDelete

let's hear it...