The many faces of Mount Wellington...here are just two of those many i have seen in the last week or so.......this beautiful sunrise was on Saturday...the only day it had not rained here since we came the Wednesday before.....
I only had my little point and shoot camera and the zoom is not that good ...but at least you can see how gorgeous the mountain is with the sun shining on it first thing in the morning....
and this is what we have seen almost every other day ..YES SNOW..... and it has been so cold with the breeze that comes off that mountain....(not that we have been out in it with all the girls sick with Whooping Cough)
this gives you and idea just how close Chelsea's house is to the mountain as this is the view from her kitchen window....
and a bit closer....
and back again....
wherever you look ...there is still SNOW and it is still COLD... but that is Hobart right??????
Ooh chilly! That's quite a bit of snow! :)
ReplyDeleteHobart is a stunning city.
ReplyDeleteSea, mountain, all on the doorstep of this gorgeous city.
I love it.
Chris
So sad that the girls have whooping cough. Matt had it a few years ago and I know how sick he was and how long it lasted. I hope they got diagnosed quickly and are on antibiotics. Matt wasn't properly diagnosed in time and his lasted more than the 100 days (it's also called the 100 day cough). Fortunately all my kids (and me) were immunised against it. Something I never want to get.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Mt. Wellington. I always remember the shape of it from across the river where I grew up.
Right!!! Haha I love that you talked about all the rain!! The snow is beautiful though! Good to catch up while you were down:)
ReplyDeleteBrrr, so over winter this year! By the way, you feature in my latest post Nettie :-)
ReplyDeleteIt happened with us in a trip to Highlands during Easter Hollidays a few years ago. We had snow and dreadful weather in one side and then sun and Spring on the other. It was astonishing.
ReplyDeleteOur highlands aren's so pretty as your Mountain.
I hope the girls are better from the cough. Not funny but at leaste they were in down-time.
Take Care!