Today we had a BBQ Activity down on the Smith's Farm at Lilydale...Horses running with their tales flying in the wind... inquisitive cows calling, the fresh smell of new mown hay all rolled into sausage role bales, beautiful gardens full of flowers of every description, a white cockatoo singing out "Hello Cocky", Les's amazing sheds full of all sorts of farm tools, leather sadles and things made by him, the smell of the horse stables, lots of farm machinery, chooks and chickens, an avairy full of peach face birds, doves and an amazing green parrot, two old dogs and a new black puppy called "Fern", beautiful rolling hills and bush and lots of good company.....
Heather and Les have the most amazing vegie garden...full of vegies of every descrition and berries of all varieties..i think these were the Logan Berries amoung the raspberries and Silvan Berries ...YUM
Here are four of the girls, Cathy, Merilyn. Merle and Carol "warming up" at the old fireplace in the little deserted cottage.... apparently this what they did in the"good Old days"...I dont remember that of course ...i was too young for that"!!!!!
Les has the most amazing sheds full of treasures you could spend hours with... i think i took over 20 shots in this one alone..mmmm i think i have the bug!!!
And how about this for a neatly stacked wood shed???
Here are Jess, Charlotte and Saria having fun climbing up on top of the sweet smelling warm hay bales that are waiting in the paddock.
Here is part of the 30 strong group getting into the BBQ that Kelvin cooked under the three sprawling 140 year old oak trees ...the weather was kind to us.... Thanks Les and Heather ...your farm is amazing.
Just love the original farm cottage, no longer live in by people but visited by a couple of resident potaroos, birds and creatures of the night, it has been there since the 1890's i am told......
I remember for Laurels Naomi, me, Simone (?) and Sarai stayed on our own in that house. Someone put a tin of beans in the fire to warm up and it exploded and we were stamping little red hot coals out everywhere!!!! Still have the proof on one of the old sleeping bags!
ReplyDeleteHey Nettie! so good to be able to comment on your blog. Loving it and how you really conjure up the essence of Tassie. I stayed on a farm in Lillydale once when I was a teen and I still remember it as such a magical place. Welcome to the land of blog.
ReplyDeleteSweet blog!!! are you really turning 60? yakes.. you sure don't look it.. and I'll be turning 50!!
ReplyDeleteyakes to that too!! Darn.. I wish I knew you were all over here.... I'd have loved to have come visit... next christmas I'll be over that way for about 3 months..if my plans work out!!