Today i am sitting here with the smell of roasting lamb steeped in thyme and garlic wafting through the dining area where i am working at my desk .... While i was in Brisbane Sarah gave me this terrific cook book (along with a few others)on one pot cookery...i use all three methods ...the heavy based casserole for oven and stove top...the romatoff clay vessel and the electric slow cooking crockpot.....The leg of lamb is in the crockpot right now and Kelv just had a client who wanted to invite himself for lunch as he thought it was for lunch but it wont be ready till around 5pm......... i am so looking forward to the winter (today it is like winter...cold blustery windy overcast day with just short busrts of sunshine) to get started on the recipes in this book... you might be able to see that i have pieces of paper making recipes i want to try... i do love cooking


This is the sort of slow cooker i have...made my christmas pudding in it this year(any stemed pudding recipe is adaptable)....no 5 hours stints of steaming up the kitchen with condensation running down the walls ever again....pop it on the night before and it is ready in the morning...vwulllla easy as !!! All the stove top free and no mess....... tell me if you want to know how it is done...i will print the recipe and instructions......


Thank you Sarah i love this recipe book......
Nettie, I would love you to share some of your slow cooker recipes. Devin would also be grateful for some variety after Church on Sundays!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you like it mum !
ReplyDeletemmmmmmmm making me hungry looking at the cook book....Carol x
ReplyDeleteOh Annette, I would love the Christmas pudding recipe. As much as I love having Christmas over here (in winter like it should be) I do miss having a good Christmas pud. Do you still have to cook it months before? I like the theory behind crock pot cooking, but it requires actually thinking about what I am going to cook more that 2 hours before dinner. I dislike cooking. But I really don't like having to think about it.
ReplyDeleteYou could cook on an outdoor campfire and whatever you made would be YUMO!!
ReplyDeleteI have that cook book! Woohoo! you will love it:)
ReplyDelete