Annette's Poached Pears
8 -10 buere bosc pears or firm pears of any variety (peel and leave stalk attached)
1 litre bottle of cranberry juice
1 cinnamon stick
Zest of one lemon
1 or 2 star anise star (whole)
2 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
10 -12 juniper berries (optional)
Method
Place pears in crockpot ....pour juice and spices over and cover.... place heat on full or high for one hour then turn down to low for 2 hours or until cooked but not overcooked.
Serve warm or cold with a little of the juices in bottom of the bowl......serve with custard and icecream or dolloping King Island cream if you really want to be decadant.
Then enjoy...yummo
I gasped when I saw these pears. How DIVINE!
ReplyDeleteThe steam, the colour, I keep scrolling back to have a look. Those lucky missionaries! Wish we had been there!
Ohhhh yum! poached pears, delish!
ReplyDeleteHi Annette, i have peeped in on your blog a couple of times and also left a message about checking mine out if you like!
Maybe you missed my comment??
If you want, send me an email and i can add you too!
tonelawless@hotmail.com